By remembering Health Poverty Action in your will, you can leave the greatest gift – a legacy of health for the people who have been forgotten by everyone else.
Here are some of the ways your legacy could benefit the very poorest people:
- £500 provides four delivery beds for mothers-to-be
- £2,000 buys bicycles or motorbikes for health workers to reach remote villages
- £6,000 stops 1,000 children getting diphtheria, polio, tetanus and TB
- £10,000 improves health and childbirth services by creating a small health post and training local staff and volunteers
- £20,000 sets up rainwater harvesting schemes providing water to villages and health centres
- £30,000 supplies materials for toilets and wells in 50 villages
- £50,000 builds a brand new health care centre in an isolated community
If you would like to discuss what your contribution could mean for poor communities, please contact Sarah Smith on firstname.lastname@example.org or call her for a confidential discussion on 020 7840 3766. You can also write to:
Health Poverty Action
London SW8 1SJ
We advise you to use a qualified solicitor to amend an existing will or include a legacy in a new will. They can talk you through the different types of gifts you can leave.