Run the London Marathon for us in 2019!
Run the 2019 Virgin London Marathon with Health Poverty Action. Be part of
the world’s most famous marathon and
help improve healthcare worldwide.
Date: Sunday 28th April 2019
Distance: 26.2 miles
Fundraising Pledge: £2,000
How to Join Team HPA:
Experience this world-famous race with the support of your Health Poverty Action team-mates!
If you manage to secure a ballot place in the Virgin Money London Marathon 2019, we’d love to have you on our team. You’ll receive the same level of support from us and you can set your own fundraising target.
Register your interest in running for us in 2019! We’ll let you know as soon as we can if you’ve secured a place.
- Complete the application form and return it to Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your application is successful you’ll be asked to pay a £150 deposit to secure your place (refundable when the target is hit).
- Pledge to raise a minimum fundraising target of £2,000 by 22nd May 2018
- Set up an Online Fundraising Page using Virgin Money Giving.
Download our application form:London Marathon Application Form 2018
Benefits for all Health Poverty Action runners:
- Health Poverty Action running vest
- Fundraising pack crammed full of ideas
- A dedicated fundraising team to support you every step of the way
- Monthly Marathon newsletter and other HPA news
- Optional marathon team meet-ups and fun runs
- Facebook group to share running/ health tips
- Cheer team on the day and fantastic team spirit throughout
We believe that where you are born should not determine your right to health. We therefore prioritise some of the poorest and most marginalised people across Africa, Asia and Latin America.
We are driven by our conviction that the denial of health rights is not acceptable, and we are committed to a vision of health for all. The communities we work with are often isolated and have little access to health facilities due to severe poverty. We believe that poor health and poverty are inextricably linked and so we tackle the underlying causes of poor health and poverty simultaneously.
You can stand up for these communities by running with us in the 2018 London Marathon.
Completed application forms should be emailed to Lindsay at email@example.com