Run the London Marathon for us in 2018
Run the 2018 Virgin London Marathon with Health Poverty Action. Be part of the world’s most famous marathon and help improve healthcare worldwide.
Date: Sunday 22nd April 2018
Distance: 26.2 miles
Fundraising Pledge: £2,000
Apply for a charity place
Experience this epic race with the support of your Health Poverty Action team-mates! Download our application form:London Marathon Application Form 2018
To request one of our charity places we kindly request each runner to do the following:
1) Complete the application form and return it to Verity at email@example.com
2) If your application is successful you’ll be asked to pay a £150 deposit to secure your place (refundable when the target is hit).
3) Set up an Online Fundraising Page using Virgin Money Giving.
4) Pledge to raise a minimum fundraising target of £2,000 by 22nd May 2018
Completed application forms should be emailed to Verity at firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits for Health Poverty Action runners:
- Health Poverty Action running vest
- Fundraising pack crammed full of ideas
- A dedicated fundraising team to support you every step of the way
- Monthly Marathon newsletter and other HPA news
- Optional marathon team meet-ups and fun runs
- Facebook group to share running/ health tips
- Cheer team on the day and fantastic team spirit throughout
Got your own place?
If you’re successful in the ballot, we’d still be thrilled to have you as part of Team Health Poverty Action. There’s no registration fee or minimum sponsorship amount required, and we’ll be there to support your entire marathon journey.
We believe that where you are born should not determine your right to health. We therefore prioritise some of the poorest and most marginalised people across Africa, Asia and Latin America.
We are driven by our conviction that the denial of health rights is not acceptable, and we are committed to a vision of health for all. The communities we work with are often isolated and have little access to health facilities due to severe poverty. We believe that poor health and poverty are inextricably linked and so we tackle the underlying causes of poor health and poverty simultaneously.
You can stand up for these communities by running with us in the 2018 London Marathon.