Assistant Country Director - Programme (Cambodia and Vietnam)
Application deadline: 15th July, 2019
Health Poverty Action (HPA) is an international NGO (UK Registered Charity Number 290535) which has been working in Cambodia since 1990 and Vietnam since 2015. HPA was previously known as Health Unlimited until the name change in 2010. The below advertised post relates to grants awarded to HPA by The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
The below position is now open to receive applications from suitably qualified candidates. To be short-listed for interview applicants must fulfill the Essential Qualifications for the position as detailed in the job description. Applicants should also review the position’s Key Responsibilities as detailed in the Job Description and clearly explain the relevance of their previous work experience. Please note that applicants should use the standard HPA Application Form. For a detailed Job Description and Application Form please see the links below.
Assistant Country Director – Programme, position based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Primary Function and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Country Director with the development of the HPA Country Programmes in Cambodia and Vietnam.
- Lead programme planning and in collaboration with relevant staff and partners, closely monitor progress against agreed project work plans, targets, expenditure plans and timeframes.
- Provide technical support for the development and implementation of technical surveys, data gathering/ management and research initiatives.
- Review current data collection/ management with the aim of modifying approaches to improve the usage and impact of the data and information collected.
- Represent HPA in government, NGO networks and other forums, as agreed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health, development management or relevant field, advanced level degree an advantage.
- Minimum of six years of experience working on the implementation of donor funded projects.
- Previous experience of working on the implementation of donor funded health projects, including experience related to malaria and/ or TB projects.
- Demonstrable programme management skills/ experience, including planning, implementation management, monitoring and reporting.
- Strong research and M&E skills/ experience, with a technical knowledge of data/ information gathering/ management, the ability to analyse/ interpret data and provide capacity-building/ training.
- Fluency in Khmer and English required, Vietnamese an advantage.
To submit applications at our office: #46, Street 103, Sangkat Phsar Doem Thkov, Khan Chamcarmorn, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. To submit applications electronically, send to the email address: [email protected]. Applications sent via email containing large unnecessary additional attachments will automatically be rejected as they cause problems for our email server.
Closing date for applications is 15th July 2019, only short-listed candidates will be notified.
HPA reserves the right to short-list and hold interviews before the stated closing date
At Health Poverty Action we celebrate diversity and promote equality and inclusion amongst all of our staff and everyone we work with.
Health Poverty Action recognises that all adults and children have equal rights to protection from abuse and exploitation. Health Poverty Action condemns exploitation and inappropriate behaviour, and is committed to taking action for the protection of programme participants. In cases where positions include a high level of safeguarding risk, police checks or local equivalents will be carried out.
HPA Application Form