Job Title: Country Director, Lao PDR
Job purpose: Representing Health Poverty Action Staff in Laos
Responsible to: Head of Programme: Asia
Salary: £25,477-£29,805 plus housing and living allowance
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 15 July 2019, 11.59pm
Interview dates: 22nd July 2019
Please note that due to the potentially high number of applications only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please send your application form to: [email protected]
Health Poverty Action (HPA) is an international NGO (UK Registered Charity Number 290535) which has been working in Laos since 1994. Prior to 2011 we were operating under the name Health Unlimited.
We are currently seeking a Country Director for our Laos programme. This is an excellent opportunity to work in an established country programme covering nutrition, maternal and child health and mosquito-borne diseases, currently leading a team of about 40 staff. HPA is looking to consolidate its position in Laos, to strengthen and diversify its range of national projects, and to strengthen regional links with neighbouring HPA programmes in Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar.
The main functions of the post are:
- Overall management for ongoing projects in Laos, ensuring strong financial and general administration of projects and staff.
- Identification and development of new projects initiatives in Laos to contribute to HPA’s worldwide vision/mission, and strategic framework.
- Grant writing and fundraising for new HPA Laos projects in collaboration with HPA HQ programme staff.
- Representing HPA in Laos at national and international level events, advocating in pursuit of programmatic objectives and and building excellent relationships with central and local government departments, international organizations, other NGO’s and international, regional and local donors
- Oversight and management of HPA Laos staff in the country office and field offices, ensuring all staff are properly managed and supported to deliver their activities and objective. Supervision, mentoring and coaching of departmental managers and project leaders.
- Updating and implementing HPA Laos internal policy, rules and regulations, and ensuring all the HPA Lao staff are trained as well as engaged in an ongoing process of improving policies and procedures.
At Health Poverty Action we celebrate diversity and promote equality and inclusion amongst all of our staff and everyone we work with.
Health Poverty Action recognises that all adults and children have equal rights to protection from abuse and exploitation. Health Poverty Action condemns exploitation and inappropriate behaviour, and is committed to taking action for the protection of programme participants. In cases where positions include a high level of safeguarding risk, police checks or local equivalents will be carried out.