Do you have a natural ability to make new connections and enjoy breaking into new funding areas? Are you looking for your next challenge in a progressive international development organisation?
Then this is the job for you!
About Health Poverty Action
Health Poverty Action works in solidarity with health workers, activists, and communities globally to improve health and address the root causes of poverty and injustice.
Health Poverty Action currently operates across 11 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America, on a wide range of factors that impact peoples’ health, from reducing stigma and supporting peoples’ mental health to ensuring indigenous people have access to culturally appropriate maternal and child health services.
Context of the role
This position offers a remarkable opportunity to invigorate a well-established trusts and foundations income stream and expand the impact of our work.
This is the perfect role for someone with a successful track record with trusts and foundations fundraising (with five- and six-figure investments) as well as experience breaking into new funding arenas. Relationship building (and maintenance) and a willingness to take risks will make you a great candidate, and also really enjoy this position!
You will be joining a small, friendly, and dedicated fundraising team. As the senior of two people focusing on trusts and foundations, you will be able to lead the strategic direction of the income stream, develop new funding opportunities, provide mentoring for the junior role, and grow into a management role with evidenced leadership and income generation.
Main Responsibility Areas
- Manage strategic direction of the income stream.
- Proactively explore new opportunities for mid- to high-level funders.
- Represent HPA professionally and passionately.
- Maintain and develop existing relationships with large foundations.
Ideal candidate – Person Specification
Not all suitable applicants will have all of these qualities. If you would love to do the job and believe you can demonstrate abilities that will enable you to succeed in the position, we would love to hear from you.
- At least two years’ experience in successfully raising funds from trusts and foundations, including portfolio and pipeline management.
- Experience excelling at new business development, where relationship building and taking a personal approach has been a focus.
- Experience managing and monitoring income and expenditure budgets, as well as delivering on agreed upon targets.
- Ability to think and plan strategically, both creatively and laterally.
- Ability to write accurate and compelling applications, proposals, and reports.
- Ability to engage, motivate and work in a team with people from diverse backgrounds and living in a range of locations and environments, who may work across varied time zones and communication styles.
- Well organised and reliable, with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to handle pressure and tight timescales, meeting and monitoring deadlines and targets.
- Demonstrable passion and commitment to our values.
Benefits of working at HPA
- Flexible working: Health Poverty Action believes in supporting flexible working as much as is reasonable and possible, given each person’s situation and needs of the position.
- Holidays: 25 days per year, rising to 28 days with service, plus the time between Christmas and New Year and eligible public holidays.
- Pension: HPA will match your contributions up to a maximum of 5% of gross salary (and subject to a minimum contribution of 4%).
- Location: This position is fully remote, which allows ample flexibility of geographic region, as long as you have reliable and consistent internet access.
- International travel: There are opportunities to facilitate learning via international travel to visit our programmes.
To find out more about the role and the kind of candidate we’re looking for, please view the job description below.
How to apply
Please fill out the HPA application form and send it to [email protected]. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Download this document
Download this document