Job Title: Regional Programmes and Partnership Development Manager
Responsible to: No line management responsibility
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Salary: £23,492 per year
Hours: Full Time
Closing date: 14th June 2019, 11:59pm
Interview dates: The week of the 24th June 2019
Please note that due to the potentially high number of applications only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please send your completed application form to: [email protected]
Health Poverty Action works for health and global justice in partnership with people who have been marginalised and pushed into poverty.
We work with communities to help them demand their right to health, and to challenge the power imbalances that deny them their health rights.
Health Poverty Action’s work has grown to include programmes in 14 countries across Africa, Asia and Latin America (with more currently in development). We always prioritise the poorest and the most marginalised – those neglected by governments and almost everyone else. This has led us to work in some very difficult environments, often providing the only external assistance. Health Poverty Action currently employs about 500 staff worldwide (with the vast majority located in our programme countries).
The main purpose of this post is to support Health Poverty Action’s country offices in the development and implementation of strategies for programmes development for programme continuation growth; diversification of funding sources; and development of capacity among regional and country teams to do so.
Key responsibilities/Result Areas:
- To help Country Offices develop and implement impactful and continuous programmes supported by diverse sources of funding;
- In coordination with country and regional teams, develop multi-year regional and country strategies for programmes development and resource mobilisation with clear annual operating plans, and monitoring frameworks with targets and indicators;
- Continuous search and identification of proposal submission and partnerships opportunities with donors and partners including institutional donors, international and national NGOs, public and private agencies, corporates, humanitarian agencies, academic and research institutions;
- Coordinating, leading and providing high-quality technical inputs on proposal development and submission to donors/partners; and
- Keep up-to-date with donor policies and trends, being well versed with donor guidelines and regulations; train and mentor country and regional office staff using a reflective practice on sharing lessons and best practices in programmes development and proposal writing processes and practices; using donors’ feedbacks on proposal appraisals where relevant.
- Other responsibilities may include – training and capacity building of regional and country teams on proposal writing and project development; identifying and submitting bids to consultancy opportunities; developing internal databases, tools, systems and procedures for effective proposal development processes.
At Health Poverty Action we celebrate diversity and promote equality and inclusion amongst all of our staff and everyone we work with.
Health Poverty Action recognises that all adults and children have equal rights to protection from abuse and exploitation. Health Poverty Action condemns exploitation and inappropriate behaviour, and is committed to taking action for the protection of programme participants. In cases where positions include a high level of safeguarding risk, police checks or local equivalents will be carried out.