Date & time: 13:10 – 14:00 ( CET Vienna ) / 12:10 – 13:00 (BST London)
With only nine years to reach the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals, there is enormous scope for achieving these goals by advancing socially just models to legally regulate drugs.
Join us to learn about the benefits and challenges of implementing a legal regulation model using a development lens at our UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs event.
Each presentation will provide a brief overview of diverse projects, legislative initiatives or studies that place human rights, social justice and public health at the centre of legal regulatory frameworks.
- Clemmie James -Campaigns Communicator, Health Poverty Action
- Zara Snapp – Co-Founder, Instituto RIA, Mexico
- Philasande Mahlakata – Project Coordinator Umzimvubu Farmers Network, South Africa
- Lorenzo Uribe – Lead drafter of the Cocaine Regulation Bill, Colombia
- Juan Fernandez Ochoa – Campaigns and Communication Officer, International Drug Policy Consortium