What: The School Stomp is a sponsored walk for the whole school to raise money for the world’s poorest children to give them the essential health care and futures they deserve.
Why: It’s a healthy and fun way for students to raise money and awareness for the health issues faced by children all over the world. The School Stomp can also be linked to a variety of curriculum areas including:
- English – persuasive writing to ask for sponsorship
- Maths – measure different routes, time around the world and collect donations
- Geography – find out more about the countries Health Poverty Action works with
- Art – create posters for the event
- Science – look at the effect of exercise and food on the human body
- Healthy Eating and Nutrition – what foods and drinks promote a healthy lifestyle
- PE – take part in The School Stomp
When: Choose a time and date that would suit your school and get in touch with our Fundraising Intern Verity (0207 840 3760) who can personally help you arrange your day.
How: Download The School Stomp Toolkit – it has all the information and materials you need to organise your School Stomp including:
- The School Stomp leaflet
- Assembly power point
- Letter template for parents
- Sponsorship form template
- Press release template
You can amend any of the documents to suit your school’s specific circumstances if you so wish.
How your money could be spent:
96p of every £1 donated to Health Poverty Action goes towards our work overseas. And what’s more, due to the way we are funded, for every £1 raised by the general public, we are able to raise a further £14 from larger institutional funders
Donate: Either online by clicking here (make sure you reference your donation as ‘school stomp’) or alternatively by sending cheques to:
Verity Crawford, Fundraising Intern, Health Poverty Action, 31-33 Bondway, Vauxhall, SW81SJ