What: The School Stomp is a sponsored walk for the whole school to raise money for the world’s poorest children to give them the essential health care and futures they deserve.
Why: It’s a healthy and fun way for students to raise money and awareness for the health issues faced by children all over the world. The School Stomp can also be linked to a variety of curriculum areas including:
- English – persuasive writing to ask for sponsorship
- Maths – measure different routes, time around the world and collect donations
- Geography – find out more about the countries Health Poverty Action works with
- Art – create posters for the event
- Science – look at the effect of exercise and food on the human body
- Healthy Eating and Nutrition – what foods and drinks promote a healthy lifestyle
- PE – take part in The School Stomp
When: Choose a time and date that would suit your school and get in touch with the Community and Outreach Fundraiser Jessica (0207 840 3760) who can personally help you arrange your day.
How: Download The School Stomp Toolkit – it has all the information and materials you need to organise your School Stomp including:
- The School Stomp leaflet
- Assembly power point
- Letter template for parents
- Sponsorship form template
- Press release template
You can amend any of the documents to suit your school’s specific circumstances if you so wish.
How your money could be spent:
96p of every £1 donated to Health Poverty Action goes towards our work overseas. And what’s more, due to the way we are funded, for every £1 raised by the general public, we are able to raise a further £14 from larger institutional funders
Donate: Either online by clicking here (make sure you reference your donation as ‘school stomp’) or alternatively by sending cheques to:
Jessica Scott, Community and Outreach Fundraising Officer, Health Poverty Action, 31-33 Bondway, Vauxhall, SW81SJ